The girl who silenced the world for five minutes

I mentioned this video on stage at Ethical Corporation's Responsible Business Summit in London this week.

A few folks have tweeted it.

I referred to it because I have seen a CEO show it to his team of senior managers.

It's from the Rio Earth Summit in 1992.

Even a jaded ex-journalist such as myself was moved by it. A bit.

The idea was to provoke discussion and thinking about what sustainable development means for their company.

I was helping them develop a "sustainability vision", which we eventually did. (Their term)

How far it has been embedded in the business since, I don't know.

But if a CEO of a multi-billion Euro turnover company thinks this is a good video to show newcomers to sustainability, who am I to argue?

Here's the video, judge for yourself:


0 Komentar untuk "The girl who silenced the world for five minutes "

Back To Top